Why Volunteer at OCMCF?
- Volunteers are always needed, even if you can only offer one day out of your year.
- We fit your interests with our needs.
- Free meal, for service over 5 hours through a meal time.
- Mileage reimbursement when helping by driving for an outing.
- The joy of seeing the smile on a resident's face because of something you did.
- Chance to meet other volunteers and develop friendships.
- You can share your unique talents with someone new.
- You are appreciated daily.
- Chance to learn a lot about life and past happenings.
What can I volunteer for?
- Help in the dining room at meal times, pass trays, take orders, clean up
- Friendly Visitor
- Reading to residents, 1:1 or in a group
- Decorating the Facility
- Help with Cards/Games
- Help with Arts & Crafts
- Birthday Parties
- Helping residents on the computer
- Church Services
- Pet visits
- Nail Care
- Aviary Care
- Providing a one time special event
- Travel logs
- Special Event Help
- The list is endless...
Becoming a volunteer at OCMCF
- Pick up and complete a volunteer application (applications may be picked up in the Recreation Department at OCMCF)
- Return application to the Volunteer Coordinator at OCMCF
- A background check form will need to be completed prior to service.
- A 2 step TB test will need to be completed prior to service.
- Upon completion of the above, the Volunteer Coordinator will set up an in-service to the facility, after in-service is complete volunteer work may begin.
As volunteers we learn from the residents:
To be tolerant
To be patient
To humbly accept the loss of modesty
To fully live each day
To enjoy and appreciate small comforts
To adapt to losses of abilities
To embrace each act of kindness
To live with less things
To accept change gracefully
To find humor in any situation
To keep showing love and kindness
To age with dignity